Thermodynamics are the Physics discipline that studies the flow of heat. So does the name say, right?
However, it might sound way too abstract for general understanding. 😱
Let me offer you a small spark, so we all follow! 😉
Think you are in Lithuania and you feel cold in your house during winter. ❄
Time to light on the hearth, right? 🔥
Well, technically your house is getting colder and you need to compensate with equal heat flow released, as the one that is flowing out. 🤓
There you are, you already knew the 0th, 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics!
Your house gets cold, as it tends to equalize its temperature with the surroundings'. (0th Law)
To keep your home warm and cozy, you need to compensate with equal amount of energy flow leaving the house. (1st Law)
And heat only flows from hot to cold sources! (2nd Law) Pitiful, right? Well, certainly happens too during Spanish summer. But, in this case, heat comes in!!🌡☀
In either case, winter in Lithuania or summer in Spain, one needs to fight against inertia. 💪
Now you just refreshed your Thermodynamics. 🤜🤛
How to be a good listener?
- Ask: "How do you feel about that?"
- Accept that person’s feelings and do not try to change them.
- Instead of saying "I understand you, I was in a similar situation ...", say "I hear you", "I'm with you."
- Ask questions instead of giving advice.
- Do not rush to give advice if a talker didn’t ask for that.
- Be patient instead of interrupting.
- Do not shift the topic and do not rush to share your experiences.