Let's start with a simple yet very common question: what's the difference between motorboats and sailboats. Yes, it's in the name, but there's more to that.
A motorboat is an ultimate Bay and ocean boat and is great transport for bays or short fishing trips into the wide-open water. Whenever you get the urge, you can hop in, turn the key, and go wherever your heart desires.
A sailboat is the perfect boat for people who want to connect to the water and weather on a primal level and understand how to navigate the world on their own power. If you want to live the ultimate boating adventure and explore the world by boat, then a sailboat is the boat you want.
As wind power is the main source of energy in a sailboat, running cost is very low, however you will have to compensate that with your hard work while on board. It takes much effort and mastery to win over nature to your side (no auto-pilot too;)). The motorboats are easier to navigate and control, however those powerful engines are very thirsty for fuel. Yes, some can burn 200 liters per 1 hour very easily. The Engine noise at cruising speed can be a factor too, however once you start hitting those waves so fast that not a single sailboat can catch up, then you forget this quickly.
Leaving the energy source aside, sailboats provide less space inside as they can only become longer, not wider. Thus, the comfort for passengers or crew is minimized and the draft of a sailboat is much deeper, requiring you to stay further from shore and avoid shallow water. While motorboats are well suited for a very comfortable journey providing opportunities to showcase your boat attire, champagne fridge and sun tanning skills.
Which experience do you prefer and why?
Could you tell a little bit more about boating? Is it hard to get the license and rent a boat?
Asked by Rūta Simanaitytė
My experience in getting boating license is limited to Lithuania, however, I believe the process is similar as there are international requirements which are pretty much the same. To get a skipper’s license for recreational vessels I took a month course with daily lectures as well as practical lessons based on weather availability. They teach you only in a perfect weather, but we went out to the open sea on the very first lesson!
The theory part can be tricky as they're a lot of things to remember which don’t have a perfect logic to them, so you need to just remember it to pass the exam. Good tip is to take the exam as soon as you can once you finish the course, as you will starting forgetting things rapidly.
This license gives you an international permission to boat in any inland waters, sea and ocean with no engine power limit. The only limit is the length of a vessel and that is is 24 meters.
Renting a boat without a captain in Lithuania is very hard, however Mediterranean sea countries provide a way more established boating infrastructure with a very wide choice.
Raw food lifestyle- Have you “raw” today?
What is “raw”?
Eat and digest uncooked food such as fresh vegetables and fruits.
It’s good to detoxify our body and give the sufficient nutritions and vitamens. Our current food no longer provides the nutritions we needed and yet we rely on supplements.
By blending it, our body easy to digest and absorb in a direct way.
How to start?
Blend fruits with vegetable as your breakfast.
Take your lunch as normal after 11am and dinner.
Try to keep your lunch and dinner as simple as possible. Keep it going on for a week.
When your body adapts to it, make it for breakfast and lunch.
What will happen?
You can observe your body became lights and your skin condition improved. Internally and externally, you will transform.
6 skills you can learn from home!
During this difficult time we are all experiencing we have to adapt our growth mindset to learning from home. Here are 6 skills you can learn online.
1. A language: with programs like Duolingo, Rosetta Stone and Babbel learning a new language is no longer expensive and does not require that much time or effort. I am currently learning French. What about you? 🇫🇷🇮🇹🇩🇪🇬🇧
2. Computer or web programming. There are so many platforms such as Udemy, Khan Academy and Mimo where you can easily learn thus demanded skill and change career even (if you are committed enough)! 💻
3. Dancing. Have you heard of YouTube? There are literally thousands of individuals who will teach you this for free. 🩰
4. Yoga or other fitness practices that have numerous health benefits given its principle to be the mind, body and spirit connection. 🧘🏻♀️🧘🏾♂️
5. Culinary and baking skills. Don’t you want to go out if this quarantine no longer eating like a college freshman but actually impressing everyone at the family dinner with your amazing cookies? 🍪🥮🍩🧁🍰
5. Writing. Whether for a blog or social media, or a newspaper or to put out your first book, this is one the most important skills that everyone should know. 📝
6. A musical instrument. Sing your crush a song while gracefully playing the guitar, she will be sorry she ever friend zoned you.🙊