Interested in psychology, self-help, counselling and psychotherapy. Informal studies in Academy of Psychology (2y), Institute of Individual Psychology (4y), Vilnius Gestalt institute (2y). Practicing mindfulness/meditation daily for 5 years.
Curious about something?If you want to learn more about something Rimgaudas might know, don't hesitate, just ask them to share an insight.
MY TOPICSTopic is a subject user would like to share its knowledge about.
How to be a good listener?
- Ask: "How do you feel about that?"
- Accept that person’s feelings and do not try to change them.
- Instead of saying "I understand you, I was in a similar situation ...", say "I hear you", "I'm with you."
- Ask questions instead of giving advice.
- Do not rush to give advice if a talker didn’t ask for that.
- Be patient instead of interrupting.
- Do not shift the topic and do not rush to share your experiences.