Monika KuzminskaitėHealth psychologist, with special love for food and eating mattersSome time ago
Narcissistic people. They tend to have similar grievances - how well they did in the past and how unfairly people tended to treat them. It seems to be contradictory - if they did so well, how come people were able to treat them badly? But it can be explained in how the narcissistic personality functions. Narcissists honestly believe that they are superior, but this fantasy is constantly disrupted by reality. They keep swinging between the imaginary self and negative feedback they receive from the other people - and they keep defending the imaginary self by attacking others. "Fantasy self" forms as a coping mechanism for narcissists, hoping to prevent some childhood trauma from happening again. But until a productive therapy helps narcissist to reassess the past, he or she will keep repeating:
- you are not paying enough attention to me!
- you do not respect me!
- you set too many rules!
- this relationship is too confining!
- you are not being honest with me!
Photo: nile from Pixabay
No comments yet
Be the first to comment
Download Qoorio to talk & learn from other Humans
MORE INSIGHTS YOU MIGHT LIKELearn more by discovering other insights
Why do you even wake up @5AM?
Early mornings for me used to be :
A. Stressful trips to the airports, while haven’t got enough sleep.
B. Going fishing with my dad (these were awesome but still I would wake up all triggered and exhausted.)
C. Trips to the hospital.
So far you should have already got the point that early mornings for me = no fun.
What my early mornings are now?
I take my time slowly, because everybody else is still sleeping. I make myself a cup of coffee, cook some light breakfast and listen to some audiobooks or podcasts, depending on the situation. Before I got my knee injured, I also used to jog in the morning.(The views would be even better than in the photo, trust me;))
As simple as it gets. I hate to rush somewhere, for example: school, work, whatever the case might be. I choose to enjoy my time, because good morning sets a tone for the day. Main pros:
A. You feel motivated. It’s an awesome feeling to have already done much more than your friends or other companies.
B. You learn much more about discipline. Discipline might be a huge factor in your success. F.e: you won’t be amused by that sweet donut at the coffee shop, might save some extra $ or kilos;) There is a quote by Jocko Willink(ex navy seal) - “ Discipline equals freedom.”
C. Productivity level. For some, it might be a huge game changer. Personaly, when I started rising early, it became much easier to finish the tasks in shorter amount of time. However, you should test it and then make conclusions. I just love the idea of testing and learning. Don’t be afraid to sacrifice one week;)
When not to get up early?
PRIORITISE SLEEP HOURS. Some people need 6 hours, others can’t live without 8. Basicaly, don’t sacrifice your sleep hours, so you can rise early. Hell no.
That’s the only situation that I don’t find benefits of waking up early.
As the saying goes : early bird gets the worm.
Thanks for your time❤️
I am one of many who saw almost the entire Livestream of SpaceX Demo 2 Launch. I must say when it took off, MAN! I felt it. Very inspiring Journey of Elon Musk. What an experience!!
Imagine those who saw live, must be breath taking!
Well Done to Entire team of #SpaceX and #NASA
𝕊𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕪 𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟
1. What triggered my nerve particularly, is the fact that the research was solely based on the very 1% on population, who stay metabolically healthy thin people, stressing the fact that it is unfair towards the other's, who are putting effort in looking good. I love having to put effort in everything.
2. Maybe this is not exactly what the scientists suggested, however the journalists introduced it in a way that everyone will be able to pig out no matter their health consequences. (This is most meutral article I could find)
3. Thin gene will eventually kill our planet as it already struggles with human activity directed towards our survival, regarding food resources.
4. This will completely destroy the discipline of eating habbits, promote even worse food waste and destroy all the boundaries...
5. Is this definitely something worth researching instead of promoting healthy food choices ?
What do you think? Am I too paranoid that humanity will turn this thin gene to their own egoistic advantage?