Life Settlements help Family Offices meet their socially responsible investment goals. Family Offices who haven’t considered them as such should adjust their thinking about this uncorrelated asset class.
I am in Life Settlements space since 2012. There were no a single year for dissapointment so far neither it is expected to come. Pls find below and article by our US partner how and why Life Settlements and Socially Responsible Investing go hand-to-hand.
Some quotes first:
1. Activist investor Jeff Ubben has left ValueAct Capital, the $16bn hedge fund he founded, to launch a new environmental and social impact investment company.
2. „Companies, as governed today, with investors asking for more current returns and more buybacks and so forth, aren’t working for society or nature,“ he said. „But I have to prove that there’s a return [in long-term impact], because otherwise . . . you’re not really changing anything.“ <..> „Finance is, like, done. Everybody’s bought everybody else with low-cost debt. Everybody’s maximised their margin. They’ve bought all their shares back . . . There’s nothing there. Every industry has about three players.“
3. Having an impact fund and a traditional fund under the same roof at ValueAct was „confusing“ for investors, Mr Ubben said. Those who opted for the impact vehicle worried they were leaving returns on the table, and those who opted for the flagship fund worried that about being portrayed as environmentally or socially „unconscious“. „I don’t think these two strategies peacefully coexist,“ said Mr Ubben.
Second, that was the essence. If RE investments are driven by "location", "location", "location" mantra, then in "ordinary" investing it is not only "return", "return", “return" anymore. I have been following for the last few years already an emerging and quite fast growing trend in hedge funds space to invest if not "for" then at last "with" social and/or environmental impact in mind. And that will benefit all of us. Even those who are far away from investing.
Electric Vehicle Investment Roadmap
- Electric Vehicles (EVs) are an emerging set of technologies with enormous potential to transform transportation.
- As such, EV companies represent significant opportunities for investors who can determine when and where to invest in this complex market.
- This article provides an investor roadmap to more than two dozen varied investment opportunities.
- These opportunities go beyond investing in Tesla, and look at the auto manufacturers, new US start-ups, Chinese EV companies, and supporting industries.
- As in all investments, considerations of the companies strategies, valuations, and investment timing are critical; especially with the volatility of these investments.