LinkedIn ads. Should I give it a try? 🤔
I used to launch LinkedIn ads quite a lot, but working in-house (or in a client side as people from the agencies used to say) gave me a new perspective. I started from new page again. So what should you know about LinkedIn ads before testing them out?
🔸LinkedIn is a great platform to reach professionals. You can target them by their company size, company industry, job title, job experience, education, etc.
🔸However, such specific targeting comes with a price. Usually CPC is much higher that on the other platforms. This is why budget on LinkedIn is important to keep. Experts advise to have a certain budget for testing the platform (200-300€) and then after measuring results, you can decide to stay there or to move.
🔸LinkedIn ads are NOT that localised. If your content, website, visual are not from the official LinkedIn languages, it will be banned. LinkedIn ads hackers say you can try to reupload it for manual review and get it approved after many times but imho it is a grey area. Consider this before launching ads. In my experience, this point gets people disappointed.
What have I learned when I have launched LinkedIn ads recently?
Not all markets are ready for LinkedIn advertising.
Once in Lithuania, it was easy-breezy. It got a real struggle in Estonia. Leads did not understand that they left their contact details. I got some interesting requests from marketers in Estonia as well. They've never seen LinkedIn ads in action before so asked me how to launch them🤯 What was obvious for me as a marketer, brought me back to a starting point again.
No comments yet
Be the first to comment
Download Qoorio to talk & learn from other Humans
MORE INSIGHTS YOU MIGHT LIKELearn more by discovering other insights
Working on different advertising platforms makes me always wonder: Why this platform does not have something that another one has? 🙄
Google ads just released a few extra features and alerts:
- Receiving real-time alerts (when your locations clash e.g.)
- Draft campaign (finally you can leave them and come back later without a need to redo everything) 👏👏👏
- Creating a new campaign from the Overview page
Drafting was a feature I missed the most and was always praising Facebook ads manager for having it 😅
Read more: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/10191626
Why do I like freelancing with small business?
- All I help it with makes an impact. Proper analytics set up or change of Google ads bidding strategy - everything has much bigger effect.
- Supporting small business was always in my blood. I always think that small businesses can bring much more different and interesting things and surprise more.
- I love teaching small business and let them work on it by themselves. While at big corporations, such person as digital advertising specialist is a full-time position, fully responsible for this one particular area. At small business, the same person can responsible one for everything.
In the end ...
Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime 🐟
Last week Ubersuggest released Google chrome extension.
I started using it and instantly noticed interesting things such as monthly searches, CPC of the query, backlinks and even more (not print screened).
So far it works for big markets as prices are in dollars, but it gives nice data for consideration whether SEO or PPC efforts should be assigned for specific query.
As the extension is free, I highly recommend to install it even just for fun 💭