How to grow stronger?
Be a volunteer! Meeting with and help people in need will change your way of thinking indeed.
I'm a volunteer nurse/caretaker for 3 years, before that I used to be concerned about things I don't even care anymore. Surprisingly, these people who need a helping hand are very strong, they just lack of tools or resources. They're not better or worse than normal people, just have some difficulties!
And no, money won't help them! Money won't help them get dressed or eat their dinner! Not much is required, once a month is totally enough.
So start by inquiring at foundations, maybe you can change someone's life! And it will change your life too!
No comments yet
Be the first to comment
Download Qoorio to talk & learn from other Humans
MORE INSIGHTS YOU MIGHT LIKELearn more by discovering other insights
How to be a good listener?
- Ask: "How do you feel about that?"
- Accept that person’s feelings and do not try to change them.
- Instead of saying "I understand you, I was in a similar situation ...", say "I hear you", "I'm with you."
- Ask questions instead of giving advice.
- Do not rush to give advice if a talker didn’t ask for that.
- Be patient instead of interrupting.
- Do not shift the topic and do not rush to share your experiences.