Change in life does not come without change in choice. Big changes in life may cause a lot of stress and we tend to avoid that making compromises. This is not inherently wrong, stress is never good for you, but neither is avoiding change.
Losing weight and improving your overall well-being is a perfect example of compromises with change. You have a very clear goal, but either make too many/wrong compromises or commit entirely and burn-out from stress.
Here are some simple incremental compromises to increase your life quality and get healthier:
1. Avoid stress, everything malfunctions while we are stressed out.
2. Start intermittent fasting. Ease out to it, start with coffee with a teaspoon of butter/coconut/mct oil in the morning to stay satiated and skip lunch. That alone would be huge for your body and mental clarity.
3. Eat less processed foods. Choose high quality ingredients and make real food at home or eat out at places that do.
4. Exercise. Even 30mins a day, three times a week makes a huge difference, especially when done while fasting.
5. Break free of sugar/fructose addiction. This one is huge both in effort required and health/mental benefits once you do skip sweet foods.
Mario MiliteMechanical engineer. Musician. Reading and science addict. My house chef.Some time ago
Not all those who wander are lost.
This is not only a quotation from a poem (written by J. R. R. Tolkien).
This is a state of mind. Never lose hope. Never lose faith.
Did you ever feel like suffocating? Like if your entire life is wrong? I've passed this, and I'll tell you again: never lose hope, there is another dawn at the end of this. You are just wandering.
(In photo, the dawn from my city!)
Enock Peter LauwoExperienced Tour Guide and Safari organizer in TanzaniaSome time ago
Serengeti National Park is a Tanzanian national park in the Serengeti ecosystem in the Mara and Simiyu regions.
The word Serengeti derived from the Maasai language (tribe) ’Siringeti’ means an endless plain.
This is the first National Park to be established in Tanzania in 1951. Its largest and iconic place in Africa for wildlife viewing.
With an area of 14763 sq. km (5700 sq. miles), Serengeti is well known for its large concentration of animals and unique wildebeest migration.
Wildebeest migration in the Serengeti ecosystem is older than the modern man. They use Serengeti plain as the season breeding and feeding ground more than a million years ago.
The main animals that migrate are wildebeest and zebra. There are about 2.5 million wildebeest & 1 million zebras migrate every year.
WHY ANIMALS MIGRATE?
There is a combination of factors that cause the animals to migrate. The main reason, however, is to ensure enough food and water throughout the year. The whole migration cycle is 1000 km every year
The video below shows wildebeest crossing the mara river heading to Maasai mara on the Kenyan side. This is the leading river in Africa by having the largest & biggest number of crocodiles.