Salesforce announces permanent remote work for 50,000 employees.
- 9-to-5 workday is dead
- Immersive workspace shouldn't be limited to desks in offices
- Employee experience is about more than ping-pong tables & snacks
Will implement 3 ways of working:
- Fully-remote: For those employees whose roles never need them to be in-office
- Flex: 1-3 days/wk of work in-office, for collaboration & presentations
- Office-based: Smallest chunk of employees that need to be in-office 4-5 days/wk
- Salesforce offices will be redesigned for more collaboration spaces & breakout areas
- Move to remote will drive greater equality since talent can hired from anywhere in the world
I had joined a new company recently where it has an unique working culture.
Every weekday morning, we would gather and share our experience or a small story that would spread positive vibes.
This would eventually create a good positive energy in the morning for each of us.
On top of that, I had realised throughout the time what would generally make an employee stay for long term is your superiors or colleague which eventually your working environment.
The founder is a lady in mid 60’s. She is the real life Iron Lady I had ever met. She has the never give up spirit, constantly learning new things and always willing to listen.
Such a humble person that is also willing to teach and share whatever she got.
If each human is a book, she’s definitely the one with rich content and there are more pages to flip on to learn more from her.
I guess that I’m gonna stay a bit longer with her this time.
▪️What scale do you use to measure an employee performance?
▪️Why 1 to 10 does not work?
It is all about finding/setting a clear and stable reference point. Agreed and communicated expectations is a good starting point 👌🏽
Quite possibly - my favourite cookbook so far! If you want to start eating a more plant based diet, there is no need to think of haute cuisine or limit yourself to salad! Plenty of gorgeous ideas here and it ticks all my favourite boxes:
💃🏻 products are easy to find in local supermarkets
💃🏻 cooking is easy and quick, no super skills required
💃🏻 most importantly - DELICIOUS meals! Forget trying to eat more plant based foods - think EATING MORE DELICIOUS FOODS ;-)
The author also keeps a cool blog if you care to try before you buy: www.cookieandkate.com