Agne NainyteDigital Transformation | Process Excellence | Women EmpowermentSome time ago
Leaders make a huge difference in people's every day life. They can truly impact the way you feel at work.
While leadership is one of the most discussed and researched topics in business, yet we still struggle to find or become great leaders.
I believe that in order to become a great #leader in the future, you need to experience what true good looks like. So, I invite you to read my blog post on this topic and join me in a discussion.
What do you think makes a great leader?
What are your favorite modern fiction books, and why?
Asked by Justas Janauskas
Here are some lesser known gems:
The Contortionist's Handbook - Craig Clevenger - interesting look at mental health issues through a prism of mystery (fans of early works of Chuck Palahniuk will enjoy for sure).
Savage Girl - Alex Shakar - good example of postirony, candid and entertaining look at modern cool-hunters, marketing/pr influencers (coined the fascinsting concept of 'paradessence'). Decades ahead of its time.
Microserfs - Douglas Copeland - humorous, satiric, insightful look into the minds and lives of developers - the modern tech serfs toiling on their digital fields (while secretly building their passion projects at night). Again - decades ahead of its time.
𝕊𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕤 𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕪 𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟
1. What triggered my nerve particularly, is the fact that the research was solely based on the very 1% on population, who stay metabolically healthy thin people, stressing the fact that it is unfair towards the other's, who are putting effort in looking good. I love having to put effort in everything.
2. Maybe this is not exactly what the scientists suggested, however the journalists introduced it in a way that everyone will be able to pig out no matter their health consequences. (This is most meutral article I could find)
3. Thin gene will eventually kill our planet as it already struggles with human activity directed towards our survival, regarding food resources.
4. This will completely destroy the discipline of eating habbits, promote even worse food waste and destroy all the boundaries...
5. Is this definitely something worth researching instead of promoting healthy food choices ?
What do you think? Am I too paranoid that humanity will turn this thin gene to their own egoistic advantage?
Everytime I find more and more reasons to be proud of people from my counntry🙌
Did you know that!
Lithuanian bajoras and artillery expert
Kazimieras Simonavičius (1600–1651) is an inventor of a multistage rocket ?😮🇱🇹